Visiting the historical house where President Ho pens the Declaration of Independence
Situated in Hang Dao ward, Hoan Kiem district in Hanoi, the house at 48 Hang Ngang street is a historical place where President Ho Chi Minh penned the Declaration of Independence.
Many historical objects are still being kept intact inside the house, making it an attractive destination for residents and visitors to Hanoi city.
The house served as Uncle Ho’s temporary residence on his first days returning from Viet Bac resistance military base to Hanoi in August 1945.
At the house, President Ho Chi Minh and the Standing Committee of the Party’s Central Committee laid down many important policies on internal and external affairs, and nominated members to the new government.
At a room on the second floor, President Ho Chi Minh wrote the Declaration of Independence, which was then read by him at the Ba Dinh Square on September 2, 1945, marking the birth of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, now the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Now, the first floor of the house is an exhibition space of a portrait and belongings of President Ho Chi Minh and revolutionary veterans. The interior of the second floor is kept intact.
The President stayed and worked at this house from August 25 to early September 1945.
The khaki suit worn by President Ho Chi Minh when he read the Declaration of Independence 60 years ago is on display.
A room where President Ho Chi Minh received his guests.
Foreign visitors exploring the exhibits on display at the house
In addition to its historical value, the house also serves as an address to educate revolutionary tradition and patriotism among younger generations.
|The house was recognised as a special historical site and it now houses many valuable objects.|
Dang Anh/Vuong Tran